User Experience and Design
User Experience and Design
Leeruniek is a young and ambitious startup in EdTech. Our main goal is to empower primary school teachers to take full control over how they shape education. We firmly believe that education is a fundamental and universal right for every human being. And it is crucial to offer elementary education of the highest standard to all children, regardless of background or social standing.
It is deeply rooted within Leeruniek that combining multiple disciplines will achieve the best results. The team is based on three main pillars: Science, Education and Technology. The team is based on strong scientific fundamentals to assure our solutions are valid. We apply real education experience to safeguard that our solutions are valuable. And we recognise that at the core there is technical knowledge to ensure that what we build and ship is robust and easy to use.
The Leeruniek team has built a strong platform especially for elementary school with a focus on teachers. We aim to bring all information available about every pupil’s learning and development back onto the teacher’s desk in a manner that they can understand and immediately apply to benefit the growth and education of the children.
We are building a big data solution which is seamlessly integrated into the educational system, bringing back the insights and knowledge to the teachers so they can make the difference again.
- Work in an exciting startup environment where your work matters and you can make a difference
- Passionate team with a healthy balance of fun and professionalism
- Office in the center of Amsterdam
- Full time position, 25 vacation days
- Salary dependent on experience level
- BYOD Work with the hardware you are most comfortable with
What we expect from you
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- A data-driven analysis of UX choices and direction.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Be proactive and flexible to company needs.
- 5+ years of professional experience as UX/UI designer
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, UX Design or related design discipline
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Invision, Sketch and Adobe creative suite
- Native dutch speaker and fluent in english
- Basic understanding of the Dutch educational system
- Experience working with product owners and developers to deliver great product solutions (user experience)